Friday, August 7, 2009

Chris is home

In case you've not already heard...


Thursday evening about 6:00 PM, Chris passed away.

I was on the road, headed from Kingsport to Knoxville in a rush. Emily had called me just before, saying to get there as soon as possible...Chris didn't have much longer.



As we reached I-40 the phone rang and I knew immediately...Sue, Chris's mom simply said "Matt, he's gone."



Losing him isn't easy...it's not easy for any of us here...especially for Emily. But I can honestly say that I'm at peace because he's not suffering.



Chris had two homes...Kingsport and Maryville, so we'll have services in both places



The first will be in at First Christian Church in Kingsport on Monday the 10th. Visitation will be from 6-7 with the service following.

In Maryville, we'll be at Madison Avenue Baptist Church on Saturday the 15th at 3:30 in the afternoon.

In my previous post, you read of God speaking to me through the song "Fix You." In the moment my phone rang with the news awaiting, we were listening to that very song in the car. I don't know how much clearer God could be...He fixed Chris.

No comments: