Friday, April 24, 2009

Headed to Uganda

Last spring, while I was going through the COAT program at NMSI I met the Atherstone family who were going through the program with me. Jeff and Christine Atherstone have been missionaries in Uganda for the past few years and are leading an exciting ministry there. Jeff is the academic dean at Gaba Bible Institute, an organization that teaches and trains pastors.



During our time in COAT, Jeff asked if I would be interested in coming to Uganda to teach a course at GBI. I had turned down the opportunity a few times, thinking that I'm unqualified.



I was right, I haven't been qualified...but in February, I felt called to go anyway...that God would equip me if I went. So...that's what I'm doing!



For the next two weeks, I'll be in Kampala, Uganda, teaching the a two week course on the book of Acts. I ask for your prayers, as I still feel totally unqualified...but at the same time I'm confident that God will provide all the needed knowledge and wisdom .



So, I ask for your prayers for this opportunity. I'm honored to be able to do this, and ask for your continued prayers.



By the way, I'll have good internet access in Uganda, so watch out for updates!



Matt

No comments: