Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby, It's 3 am I must be lonely...

Sleeping has never really been a problem for me. Unless you consider sleeping too much a proble. I slept a lot in High School...in class that is. My Spanish II teacher once gave me a detention for sleeping, even specifying when I was asleep. For example, she wrote on the detention slip: "10:20-10:30 nodding off," and "10:30-11:15 head down." (I still find that super creepy)

I also remember the following dialogue:

Random girl in my Spanish III class: "You sleep a lot in class huh?"
Me: "Um, yea...I guess so."
Girl: "But you make A's in here don't you?"
Me: "Um, yea...I guess so."
Girl: "So, do you have like...a problem? Or something? With sleeping?"
Me: "Like narcolepsy? Haha...no...I just get extra sleep when I get the chance."
Girl: "Oh...are you sure?"

From then, not a lot has changed...pretty much anytime I want to take a nap, I shut the ole brain off and I'm out like Cecil Fielder trying to steal 2nd.

So when insomnia filled nights like this arise, I'm alarmed. I needed sleep, I was tired...my room was dark, cool, and peaceful...yet I just couldn't manage to find slumber. So at 3 AM, I got out of bed wanting to find a Waffle House, get some coffee, and talk about life with a friend...but it was 3 am, and normal people sleep at 3 am. I had plenty of time to think...sometimes I like being alone with my thoughts. So I thought I'd give you a few of the random things I thought...

*I don't want to get a FL drivers license
*I want to see Asia and Australia
*I wish I was better at car repair
*I need to work on my guitar skills
*I wonder if the roaches in the cabinet are dead now? (Ty put some roach killer out)
*I wonder if that guy will accept my $300 offer for his 1993 Saturn
*I think I'd like a Flux Capacitor
*I'd like to go play basketball
*I'd also like a Blizzard

Well, there ya have it..instead of simmering in those random thoughts, I went on over to the office to get started on the day...and here I am! Now, I think I'm going to go to Dunkin Donuts for a Bagel and Coffee. I'm rarely up this early...I think I deserve a reward.

No comments: